Search

Thursday, January 19, 2012

SQL Server Configuration Manager – Cannot connect to WMI provider – Invalid class [0x80041010]


Today when I was trying to connect to my SQL Server 2008 using SQL Server Configuration Manager, the following error dialog pops up:
Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable. Note that you can only manage SQL Server 2005 and later servers with SQL Server Configuration Manager. Invalid class [0x80041010]
Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable. Note that you can only manage SQL Server 2005 and later servers with SQL Server Configuration Manager. Invalid class [0x80041010]

I have searched the netand the following code saves me.
>> Open an elevated Command Prompt, and type the following…
mofcomp.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"
mofcomp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof" 

2 comments:

  1. That worked for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, that not worked for me, any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete